Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Small Space: Pantry

My husband and I live in a small condo with little storage area, so I have had to be creative with the space we have.

Here is how I have organized our laundry room/pantry:



This is also where we store our tools (what little tools we have!), our vacuum, and a laundry basket.




Wicker Baskets: IKEA (here), Mesh metal basket: Target (really old), Labels: Staples' Martha Stewart
 Collection (similar here), Clear containers: Wal-mart (here), Expandable 3-tier shelf: Wal-mart (similar here)

The top shelf holds our laundry detergent, dryer cloths, cleaners, and paper products. 
On the second shelf, I keep all of our snacks, with individual bars and snacks in the smaller basket and large bags of chips in the larger basket. The clear containers are great for nuts, cereals, and crackers. 
The bottom shelf is where I store all of our "cooking foods" and the 3-tiered shelf works great to see all of our cans and bottles.

My favorite part is the labels! I love them! They are chalkboard paper from the Martha Stewart office collection at Staples. An organizer's dream. Really, the whole line is so cute! They are stickers, so I stuck them to black cardstock and cut around the labels, then I used a small hole punch on each side, wrote on them with chalk and tied them to the baskets with red and white striped baker's twine. It was kind of a process, but totally worth it in the end!

I really wish I could have taken a before picture! It was all just shoved onto the shelves and I couldn't see anything. It is a lot more functional now! Not to mention, the labels really help my husband to put things back in the right places! ;)



What do you guys think? How do YOU organize your pantry??



2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! I love the labels. I need something like this. I need some ideas on getting my kitchen organized... Or where the logical place should be for all of my plates, kitchenwear etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will try to do a kitchen post soon... And I will help you with your's when you move! :)

    ReplyDelete